Are you neurotic? Here you can get the answer 4 minutes Are you neurotic? This behavior arises from an unidentified conflict between repression and desire. This tension manifests itself in the form of conflict, inconsistency, and irritability.
The word neurotic is quite popular and has lost some of its original meaning. People started using it over a century ago in psychiatry and psychology. But it was formed thanks to the psychoanalysis of Sigmund Freud. But it is not so. In the 18th century, there was talk of neuroses when the patient suffered from emotional instability. However, this definition has changed.
Almost all are Freudian neurotics, although the intensity of this state varies. From this point of view, every person develops a certain degree of neurosis. For example, you create inner tension simply by being part of society and neglecting your personal desires.
“Neuro-nerves are unable to tolerate ambiguity.”
– Sigmund Freud-
Freud and neurons
According to Freud, someone is neurotic when he has to suppress his basic impulses or urges against their own desires. In other words, they are held back because they have no other choice. But deep down they have not yet given up their basic desires.
Tension arises when you suppress yourself. You want to, but you cannot. In Freud’s terms, there is a struggle between the superego, the body that determines responsibilities, and the id, the body that represents the most basic desires. discomfort.
Tension arises unconsciously, so the neurotic feels that nothing satisfies him, and that it is not. conflicts and unresolved doubts prevail. Thus, they consume a lot of energy contrary to reality. But at the same time, they fail to find a way to actively change the situation, except through resistance, which lacks direction.
Properties when you are neurotic
Neurotic’s anxiety and discomfort go beyond everyday stress, even if it is similar. The difference is that this stress persists in neurosis, even if there is no reason for it.
Neurotic is not always loud and not always easily recognizable by mood. In fact, these people are often silent and take their time before they eventually explode. Of course, they remain in constant conflict with themselves and with the world. Their main characteristic is internal tension that does not go away.
Strong neurosis is more common in those who live in large cities. It is also more common in those who live in poverty or have been abused during childhood, abandoned or neglected. It is difficult for a neurotic person to laugh spontaneously. This is because it is difficult for them to relax.
Are you neurotic?
As we mentioned above, almost all have neurotic characteristics. This is because this is the price you pay to be a part of society. However, abstaining from basic desires is the fruit of rationality, not just the self-deprecation of those who can handle it.
Here are some questions to assess the degree of neurosis:
- Do you consider yourself a hypersensitive person?
- Do you feel like a victim?
- When someone points out a mistake to you, do you make excuses or defend yourself before analyzing whether it is true or not?
- How often do you worry?
- Do you think others are paying attention to you?
- Are you jealous and distrustful?
- Do you often criticize others?
- Do small problems often seem big to you?
- Is your optimism or depression excessive?
- Do you have difficulty with sex? life?
- Do you often get upset about this world?
- Do you have little or no ambition for improvement?
- Do you often think about changing jobs or do you often get fired from your job?
- Are you being overly meticulous about one or more aspects of your life?
- Is it a mess with you?
- lie for no reason?
- Are you often superstitious?
- Do you do things that you later find stupid?
- Is your behavior compulsive?
- Do you have excessive fear or phobias?
- Are you easily angry?
- Do you have trouble concentrating?
- Do you have an illness that the doctor cannot diagnose?
- Do you often have headaches?
- Do you have trouble sleeping?
If you answered yes to four questions, you clearly have some neurotic traits. You probably have neurotic behavior if you answered yes to four to eight questions. Finally, you have a neurosis that requires specialized care if you answer yes to more than eight questions.
This might interest you. Explore the Mind Why do other people always disappoint me?